Monday, January 17, 2011

Cake Hunt & Cramming

It is a really tiring day. From campus to Bedok, from Bedok to East Coast Road, from ECR to Bugis, from Bugis to Orchard Road, OR to Tanjong Pagar and lastly, from TP to Yishun. All that within 4 and the half hours of travelling. It certainly is a journey worth doing for someone so close in my life. It's painful but satisfying. I left campus at 5pm to embark on my journey to Bedok. I knew it was going to be a long journey but who knew that the Cheesecake Cafe was not in operation on Mondays and Tuesdays. I was utterly shocked when I discovered it's closure. It was around 7.40pm when I reached ECR. I was pretty proud of myself for being able to find such a ulu place even though it was nightfall. However, my heart pumped up and sank when I saw the shop. I was delighted for the first few seconds but it was a disappointment for the rest of the journey. I quickly thought of an alternative immediately by setting my next destination to Ngee Ann City. I was disappointed once again with the poor selections of cakes they had. I asked around and received my final option which is Paragon. They had Bakerz'in which had the flavored cake I needed (Tiramisu). But the price was a jaw dropper. It was $51 dollars! 

Despite all that I went through, I think that my decision to get it was not in vain. To my surprise, it was actually an ice cream tiramisu cake. It's no wonder why the price was so high. I was also glad soon after because my sister loved the cake. All ends well I might say. The other awesome thing that happen that night was a incidental meeting with an awesome girl. She was gorgeous and had the innocent ambiance around her. She brought about 2 totally different elements. Blasting off a loud music while looking so ignorant. But she was worth the thought.  

As of today, I realized that I have lost my touch in presentation. I fumbled at the second line it self. What a shame for someone who managed to represent TEP. I need to socialize more to get my jaw, tung, and confidence exercised. No more games and non-relevant activities that waste my precious time. I have to get my game up again. Regrets are an absolutely no.



1 comment:

  1. So you were spending that night looking for a place to get cake for your sister. Is that it? Also, I never heard of a cake that cost $51.00. Is there a reason why that particular cake is expensive?

    So, I take it it didn't work out between you two. Well, I wish you well in building your self confidence.

    ReplyDelete